Global Studies Symposium - April 2021
Becas Felsted School Online – Global Studies
¡¡Hemos Ganado una beca para uno de nuestros alumnos/as!!
Gracias al convenio con ISNPT-UTN
¡¡Una semana de talleres en directo desde el Reino Unido con estudiantes de todo el mundo!!
Workshops led by Kirsty Fraser, Academic Manager
- The role of men in feminism
- Appropriate language to use during debates
- The impact of Covid-19 leadership: Scottish Independence
- Democracy Questioned: Brexit
- Being a Global Citizen
Workshops led by Daniel Emmerson, Director of Global Education
- Storming the Capitol: Information, Power and Trust
- Polarisation of Worldviews: Why I am Right and You are Wrong
- Anti-Feminism and Homophobia in Poland: A Case Study
- Social Responsibility: How Individual Actions can have a Global Impact
- Foreign Aid: A Post-Covid Landscape
Performing Arts Module led by Dahlia Lopez Ramsay
To take place on the 6-9 of April.
We will be joined by a unique group of keynote speakers who will provide insights and knowledge in the following areas
Thomas Sparrow - Freedom of speech: Conspiracy Theories and Misinformation in the Digital Age
Neil Wilcock - The Role of the United Nations in World Affairs
Sally Little - The Importance of Global Competencies in the Finance Sector
Climate Change and the Banking Sector
10 workshops = 2 workshops per day for five days + a virtual excursion. Details of which keynote speaker and workshop to run in each time slot will be confirmed in due course.
On the 10 April, there will also be a virtual excursion (Oxford tbc).
Further details regarding our Performing Arts Workshop will be published soon.
Time (UK) Event
11.00 - 12.30 Workshop
14.00 - 15.30 Workshop
16.00 - 17.00 Keynote Speaker
17.30 - 18.30 Performing Arts Module
“I was so excited about the program content and viewing every subject from different perspectives. I really enjoyed the live meetings and the chance to make friends from around the world!”
Nicole from Argentina